Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Opa, Opa, Opa!

We went to Greece!!!
During the break between semesters my team and I got to go to Greece for a week of vacation. It was my first time in Greece and I had a really great time! Here are some pictures from our trip. On our first day we visited The Acropolis in Athens, Greece.


 This is me at the top of The Acropolis with Athens behind me. From this spot the view of Athens looks very similar to Beirut.
Here is the Parthenon! The Parthenon is a temple built in honor of the Greek goddess Athena. It was completed in 438 B.C. One of the coolest things about being in Athens was that Paul walked in the very same places we were. Paul preached at Mars Hill, a spot very close to The Acropolis. You can read his speech in the book of Acts chapter 17.

This is the Erechtheion, a temple dedicated to many of the Greek Gods.

After seeing Athens, we took a day trip to Delphi. Here is a picture of little Hud-man in the Delphi Museum before we were told not to take any pictures.

In Delphi we saw more Greek ruins. This is what is left of the Temple of Apollos. Also at the Delphi Archeological Site we saw an ancient Greek theater and stadium used to train for the Olympics.

Euros!

One of my favorites things about Greece (other than the incredible internet speed!) was the food. Everything I ate there was amazing. Chicken and pork gyros, spicy feta dip, moussaka (an eggplant dish), saganaki (delicious fried cheese), zucchini fritters and of course Taco Bell! We were looking forward to Taco Bell months before our trip.



Finally, here is a picture our group doing the "don't you wish you looked as good as your mama" dance (something my mom does that the group picked up) at the Parthenon.